Vacuuming is perhaps the most important step in preserving our carpet for many of us. Remember that a little proactive work on your part will pay off in the long run. Let us make the most out of our valuable time to get our carpets washed as quickly as possible. To vacuum more efficiently and hold your carpet cleaner for longer, follow the steps below.
- Vacuum the carpets at least once every week, and more frequently in high-traffic areas. Vacuuming on a regular basis avoids an accumulation of dust and debris that may otherwise damage the threads in your carpet, extending its longevity. Use your vacuum’s extended part to clean around floor boards and other difficult to reach areas every now and then.
- If you have a wide area of carpet to clean, consider breaking it down into more manageable parts. Before moving on to the next smaller machine, remember to clean it properly.
- Please take your time! A single vacuum pass is insufficient to thoroughly clean your carpet. Gradually transfer your vacuum over the region to allow the suction to capture all of the dirt and particles.
- To get to the dirt and grime in high-traffic areas, use an alternating criss cross pattern.
- On fresh and freshly washed carpets, soil and dirt retardants like “Scotchgard” can be used, but read the manufacturer’s directions carefully before applying something that could damage your carpet. As previously said, a little proactive work on your part will go a long way.
- If you have a vacuum cleaner that uses a vacuum bag, feel free to add a little baking soda in the bag to combat odors. If you have a bag-less vacuum cleaner, you can sprinkle a little baking soda on your carpet before you vacuum.
As you can see, there are numerous ways to improve upon the time-tested approach of just mindlessly “pushing” the old vacuum around your home. We hope you can use the above guidelines to make the most of your busy schedule and begin vacuuming quickly and efficiently. Again, if you stick to a strict vacuuming regimen, your carpet will thank you and reward you with long-lasting use! Best of luck as you endeavor to keep your carpets in tip top shape!